Mitch Ditkoff at Idea Champions shares a great list of questions to ask senior leaders before hiring an innovation consultant. Because so many of them also apply to the work we do at Filament I thought I'd share a few that will be added to our client assessment toolkit:
1. Do you have a clear, compelling vision of our organization's future? If not, are you willing to create one?
2. Are you personally committed to fostering a culture of innovation? Are other senior leaders on the same page with you? If not, are you and your colleagues willing to get on the same page within the next few weeks?
4. Are you willing to challenge the status quo?
5. Are you open to receiving new ideas from the workforce -- and are you willing to establish a process that will make it easy for them to do so?
9. Are you willing to go beyond "command and control", empower people, and push decision making further down the food chain?